I have been traveling for almost 20 years now, and I have learned a lot about travel. There are some things that I would like to share with you, so here goes:
1. If you are planning to go on a long trip, do your research first. I know that this sounds obvious, but there are a lot of people who just take off without doing any research, and end up spending more money than they need to. The internet is full of websites that give you advice on what to do, and what not to do. Make sure you read reviews of hotels, restaurants, airlines, and other services.
2. You should always try to get a hotel room with a balcony or terrace. This way you will be able to enjoy the scenery outside, and also be able to see the stars at night. You will be able to sleep well and wake up fresh and relaxed.
3. When you go to the airport, make sure that you arrive at least an hour before your flight. This way you will be ready to check-in, and you will have time to relax and rest. Don’t forget to put your shoes back on, and put your jacket on. You don’t want to get sick because you were too tired.
4. When you are traveling by car, make sure that you keep your windows closed. Even if it’s summertime, the air conditioning will help you to stay cool. Also, make sure that you have plenty of water with you. You never know when you might run out of gas, or have to stop for a break.
5. Try to eat as healthy as possible while you are traveling. If you can, buy fruits and vegetables from local markets. These foods are usually fresher, and much cheaper. If you can’t find these, then you should stick to eating the food that you packed. You don’t want to waste your money on unhealthy food.
6. If you have children, make sure that they are old enough to be able to travel safely. They should be able to use the bathroom on their own and walk around without falling over. Make sure that they have all their belongings with them, and that they know how to take care of them.
7. If you are going somewhere warm, make sure that you pack plenty of sunscreen, and lip balm. This way you will be protected from the sun, and your lips won’t crack.
8. Always wear a seatbelt. If you are driving a rental car, make sure that you don’t leave it unattended. Also, make sure that the driver has a valid license. If you are traveling by plane, make sure that you sit in the middle of the plane. If you sit near the wings, you might fall out.
9. If you are taking a cruise, make sure that you take care of yourself. You should drink plenty of water, and eat healthy food. Don’t forget to take plenty of vitamins and supplements. If you get sick, you will be stuck in one place, and unable to enjoy the rest of your vacation.
10. If you are traveling with a partner, make sure that you have a good relationship. If you don’t, then you might end up fighting and getting into trouble. If you are single, make sure that you have someone to talk to, and that you have a good attitude.